Use X-14 For Removing Mold and Mildew

When I went to re-caulk my tub over spring break (yes, my life is that exciting!), I went into my local neighborhood hardware store to gather supplies. The ever-helpful employees shared with me their favorite way of getting rid of the mold and mildew after scraping out the old caulk and replacing it with new caulk: X-14. Yes, it's incredibly caustic, but it does the job like nothing else I've ever tried!

I sprayed everything down, turned to the sink to wet my sponge and by the time I turned back, everything resembling mold, mildew, or soap scum was gone. You do need to be very careful not to inhale these fumes. I personally open the window, turn on the fan, hold my breath, spray the X-14 where needed and run for the hills! I just hope nobody's watching me while I'm using this product. :) If you're desperate to clean up the tub, X-14 is the answer.

By Kristen from Grand Rapids, MI

I have used X-14 for many years. Nothing has come on the market to beat it. I'm with you ... I open all the windows, turn on the fans, spray the X-14 and run. A few hours out shopping gets the job done. I have tried the new mold busters and noticed the mold comes back in a couple weeks. With X-14 it comes back in a couple of years. I have had the same spray bottle for at least a decade.

What is X-14? Who puts it out? Sounds great, I've nver heard of it before. I wonder if the "Depot" has it.

Where can X-14 be purchased? Walmart?

pictures of shower walls
Removing Mold from Shower Walls
Home and Garden Cleaning MoldJuly 11, 2011
Old Leather Work Boots
Removing Mold and Mildew from Leather
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
🎉
🎄