Apple Cider for Acid Reflux

Has anyone heard of using apple cider being used for acid reflux?

Donnie from Portsmouth, VA

The theory here is that you take the vinegar to help your digestion - which should help the reflux - there is one theory that a LACK if acid can also cause trouble (and using antacids or such will just decrease the stomach acid).

Actually I tried that and it made it much worse. Be very careful!

Yes, I have. I am a technician in a pharmacy and one of my coworkers had the same problem of reflux. When she told us she'd read online that this worked and she was trying it, we all thought she was crazy. But she claimed it actually worked. She also was not supposed to drink alchol with drinking apple cider (she actually ate an apple instead) because I guess the alchol didn't work with it. Good luck.

First find out what is causing the acid reflux. Apple cider vinegar works great for some, but for others, like myself, it did not help. I have an extremely acidic stomach, and adding more made mine hurt so much. I broke out in an intense sweat, my stomach felt as if it were on fire, and it intensified my problem for a while even after I stopped taking it. Apparently, reflux can be caused by either too much or too little stomach acid, along with other reasons. Hope you find what works for you.

Acid Reflux
Remedies for Acid Reflux
Health & Beauty Home RemediesDecember 9, 2008
Mulled Grape Cider
Mulled Grape Cider Recipes
A car battery.
Cleaning Up Battery Acid
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
glass mug of hot apple cider
Hot Spiced Cider Recipes