Craft Projects Made from Seeds

What are some projects made from seeds?

By guerrero from Raymondville, TX

Have you ever seen those 'sailors valentines'--beautiful designs made with diff shells? You can do something similar with seeds of diff kinds, and even add dry beans when you need larger seeds. I don't have any pics of them, but if you search for sailor valentines, you will see lots! Good luck to you.

If you're good with a scroll saw you could cut animals out of plywood and use the seeds to decorate it. I have a set of roosters using seeds,dried corn, wheat and other things. Hope this helps.

Cover styrofoam balls, embellish with mini pinecones or flowers, and ribbon to make ornaments.

Layer in jars. Make a seed box with seeds glued into individual compartments. Hang on wall.

Place in a glass ball as an ornament.

Dry in a microwave, drill holes in them, spray with sealer, and make necklaces and bracelets.

String together as a garland for a nature tree.

July 6, 2007 Flag

Have seeds you weren't able to use this year? Use them in kid crafts. Glue them in the center of a paper plate then color the outer ridges of the paper plate to make a pretty flower. Or glue the seeds to the bottom of construction paper, then draw sprouts from each one to make a garden!

By Vickie from Canton, MI

Put them in the freezer and use them again next year! I have used seen kept that way for ten years. Do not expect as high a percentage of germination but they are still good.

Seeds that I haven't used for a couple of years get put in my bird feeders (I buy non-treated seed).

I use the seeds when I'm making home made paper. I make greeting cards that can be enjoyed an d then much fun to watch them sprout!

Crafts NatureAugust 3, 2009
Votive Wrapped in Twine
Candle Craft Ideas
Organizing Seeds
Organizing Seeds
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds