Halloween: Jack in the Box Costume
Pop out of a Jack in the Box and surprise people at their doors this Halloween.
- cardboard box: big enough to fit inside
- fabric: rectangle piece twice as long as your torso
- large yarn needle or stapler
- spray paint
- acrylic kids' paints
- scissors or box cutter
Note: On all box costumes, you will need to secure the box shut with tape (preferably from the inside, tape on the outside will interfere with the paint). Then cut the holes you need for your body parts to come through.
- Find a box big enough to fit inside, but not so big that it is hard to carry around.
- Cut a hole in the bottom of the box for your legs, big enough for you to walk and squat inside comfortably.
- Cut three sides of a square in the top of the box to make the the flap where the Jack in the box pops out.
- Spray paint the whole box a solid color, like white, and let dry.
- Paint the outside with big primary colored shapes on the sides. Some Jack in the boxes have curtains and a picture of a Jack in the box. Have fun and be creative. Let the paint dry.
- Fold the fabric in half and cut a half circle where the fold is, big enough to fit your head through (you can hem the circle, or leave it unhemmed, since it will only be used for one day).
- With the yarn and the needle, sew the fabric into the top of the box, inside the flap. Make sure you sew at least one inch in from the edge of the box and in from the fabric. You could also staple the fabric in and reinforce with duct tape (This method may not be as strong).
- Now you should be able to get into the box, put your head through the hole in the fabric and you will be transformed into a Jack in the box. The box should hang off your shoulders by the fabric. You can duck down inside the box and sing the Jack in the box song ("Pop Goes the Weasel") and pop out.
October 15, 20090 found this helpful
Brilliant and very original!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 7, 2016 at 11:20:08 AM on 10.0.2.52 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us