Printer Leaves Lines on Paper

I need help with my printer. We have a HP PSC 1311 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. It prints perfectly using black ink for printing written material. However, when we print color images, it often has faint colored lines in it. Even when an area should be totally solid in color, it looks like it is lined. We've tried cleaning the head but it didn't help much. I hope my description makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Leah from Shelbyville, TN

I'm afraid I had this problem too. I too tried everything -- cleaned everything, changed the ink cartridge, etc...

I called the company and did some troubleshooting with them as well, but unfortunately nothing helped.

Unfortunately, I ended up getting a new printer.

IF you are buying an ink cartridge that is not designed for your printer you will get second rate copying. I did that to save money on my Epson printer. The cartridges cost $22 for black and $18 for color. I found this ink/copy/printer business where I could buy black ink for $10 and color for $7. I was getting lines and the color was faded on my prints. So I Checked the ink levels (good)

Cleaned the Print Head, Checked the Ink Nozzles, Aligned the Print Head, Checked the 'Copy Quality' ect... and still had the same problem with lines and faded color. I figured out the ink was the problem. I had to go back to buying the expensive cartridges. Sad :(

We needed to get a new printer too, sorry

Sounds like you're running out of ink.

Go to HP.com site then into Support. They have troubleshooting for common problems there. If that doesn't help go into the HP blogs because if you are having the problem, there are others out there who have had the same problem. I've done this a few times for a few different issues and it has helped.

This problem happens with me only when I go to refill my Color Ink, so the only way to fix it is buying new inks.

Computers PrintersJanuary 29, 2009
computer printer
Printer Not Working After Paper Jam
Woman Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
All-In-One Printer
Setting Up an All-In-One Printer to Send Faxes
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
🎄