Keeping Track of Storage Locations

I do pretty good at organizing, I have labeled bins in the garage, etc. But as I get older I have trouble remembering where I put items around the house, so I created a folder in my email called "Storage Locations".

Now when I organize something and put it in say the hall closet or in the garage, I email myself where I put it. I keep those emails in that new folder. I can then "search" for that item. It's terrible getting old. LOL. Thanks!

By tnphoenixrising from Clarksville

If it works for you it is a great idea. You could also make a text document and put it on your desktop. In the document you can list an item and then where it is. This could be a good back up in case you change the location of something real quick and can't get to your email. It is also a list you could print if you needed to for some reason.

What a great idea, wish I had done this when I tucked away that roll of stamps I know are here someplace! haha

When I change the place of something I forget the new place and look in the old place so until I get used to the new place a note in the old place telling me where it is works for me.

Thank you for a great post, my only problem would be that the computer would possibly be "acting stupid" when I needed to look something up, my luck. Lol, it is heck to get older and forgetful, parttimers I call it. Thanks again for the great idea.