Keeping Track of Storage Locations

I do pretty good at organizing, I have labeled bins in the garage, etc. But as I get older I have trouble remembering where I put items around the house, so I created a folder in my email called "Storage Locations".

Now when I organize something and put it in say the hall closet or in the garage, I email myself where I put it. I keep those emails in that new folder. I can then "search" for that item. It's terrible getting old. LOL. Thanks!

By tnphoenixrising from Clarksville

If it works for you it is a great idea. You could also make a text document and put it on your desktop. In the document you can list an item and then where it is. This could be a good back up in case you change the location of something real quick and can't get to your email. It is also a list you could print if you needed to for some reason.

What a great idea, wish I had done this when I tucked away that roll of stamps I know are here someplace! haha

When I change the place of something I forget the new place and look in the old place so until I get used to the new place a note in the old place telling me where it is works for me.

Thank you for a great post, my only problem would be that the computer would possibly be "acting stupid" when I needed to look something up, my luck. Lol, it is heck to get older and forgetful, parttimers I call it. Thanks again for the great idea.

Organizing Your Storage
Organizing Your Storage
Organizing StorageJanuary 19, 2010
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Frugal Birthday Party
Frugal Party Locations
Keeping Track of Events in a Calendar
Keeping Track of Events
🎉
🎄