Storing Roasted Red Peppers

I have a bunch of red bell peppers that I want to roast. After I roast them what type of liquid do I use to store them in the fridge?

By Soyzicks from HI

You say you have a bunch. I wouldn't store them in the fridge. You would have to pressure cook them to store them for any length of time.

I slice mine in strips, and freeze in the fall after roasting. They keep all year and beyond that way. Hope this helps. I have a deep freeze. Not sure how long they would keep in a fridge freezer.

Storing peppers is simple. If you are roasting many and want to store them indefinitely, try freezing them. Layer the peppers between sheets of wax paper in a plastic container for easy removal. and thaw as many as needed. Stored this way, roasted peppers should last for several months. If you have a small amount of leftover peppers that you plan to use within a week or two, place them in a small container, cover them with olive oil, and refrigerate them. Good luck.

I use olive oil. It keeps them very soft and easy to use for future use.

Chris T.

I roast them up in strips, then shuck the good stuff off the peel and pack it into jars to freeze. Hmm, I could use ice cube trays and store them as bags of cubes.

Food and Recipes StorageApril 16, 2009
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Storing Bell Peppers
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄