Save Web Addresses On Index Cards

To save memory space on my computer, I came up with this idea. I took a recipe box with the index tabs A to Z and index cards and turned it into a web site and e-mail buddy address box. To save on index cards, I took one card and labeled it Crafts and put several different craft sites on it, then do the same for other different categories: Knitting sites, Christmas sites, etc., till you have used up the card then start another for that category. This way you don't have a lot of cards for crafts or knitting, you have one card with several sites on it instead of 10 cards for each site. You save index cards and also memory space.

I also keep my internet friends address in there. Then when I need to send a card I know it's in there and they are my new special friends I met in one of my crochet or craft or other club I belong to and don't have to go searching for it in some of the papers I have saved on my desk.

You can decorate it any way you want. Pretty stickers can be used and then cover with clear nail polis to seal it or stencils with acrylic paint then acrylic sealer over the paint which can also be used on the stickers.

Source: This is my own idea I came up with after losing site addresses and friends addresses.

By Emma from Huddleston, VA

What a good idea! I've been using a small, fat composition book, but with this system it would be easier to find what I need. One suggestion though -- you can also list your user name and password right beside the site listed on your card.

Great idea!

I use a rolodex for internet & other addresses. When you want to change an address, turn the card over, or use a new card. Address books get so messy looking.

Thank you, Emma! What I like best about this idea is I will be less likely to loose the box than I am likely to lose paper notebooks and lose paper. Thanks again. You made my day.

I do the very same thing with the index cards after losing all my bookmarks one time. Also, I now have them backed up into 2 different bookmarking sites so it won't happen again.

My husband will even look for websites in a certain category by using my cards. I guess us old folks just like to have things written down on paper!

I have been doing the same thing--also have another idea--I use an index card box with months as separaters. I put in any craft shows or exhibits coming up in nearby towns. If I can't go this year, I leave them in that month's slot--I can always check them out next year on the internet for updates, etc.

I also use for future reminders like auto oil changes, etc. An easy way to keep track of information if you don't always get on line or don't use the computer calendar.