Uses for Prescription Bottles
I have seen several people ask about uses for pill bottles and decided to give my assorted uses for them.
- I have many of various sizes in my sewing box to sort out the different sizes of snaps, safety pins, and buttons. I have two bigger pill bottles for large safety pins and straight pins.
- I have a long bottle in with my yarn, holding crochet needles, one with yarn needles and assorted small knitting items in it.
- I keep one bottle by my computer with rolaids, gum, and denture numbing stuff in it.
- I have one with dry beans in it for my infant granddaughter to use as a rattle. It has a safety cap that I cannot remove and is too big for her to remove.
- My granddaughter said to add using them for barrettes and other assorted hair gadgets, school things such erasers and pencil sharpener.
- In my purse I use a large one as my 'wallet', I keep folded bills and my change it it. When I need it, I just look for the white lid. I have a smaller pill bottle in there with bus tokens in it, making them easier to find when needed.
- I have one that is just the right size to hold a roll of quarters, that money is for laundry only.
- There are many, many other household uses for them, a man can use them to sort nails, tacks, screws, washers, bolts, etc. Let your imagination run wild. Uses are endless.
By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL
September 2, 20090 found this helpful
You are a girl after my own heart I have so many of those pill bottles and didn't know what to do with them but like you came up with lots of ideas. I also put a sewing needle couple of different color buttons and some invisible thread in my handbag, so if I have a misshap I am ready. Plus a few pins and they do make good rattles for a baby as they are small just right for there little hands but thanks for the great ideas. Oh and you use the same saying as I do; me, myself, and I. lol
January 9, 20100 found this helpful
There are many people in our community that use empty pill bottles for geocaching. If anyone would like to donate some, they would be put to good use. Just send me an e-mail and I can provide a shipping address.
March 6, 20100 found this helpful
You can make toothbrush holders out of them. If it has the safety tabs cut them off, then cut a small hole in the top. It should be enough for the handle to fit through, then pop or screw the top back on the bottle.
March 6, 20100 found this helpful
I too use them for laundry quarters. Makes it easy to check your supply, because one regular-size bottle holds $10 to $10.50 in qtrs. And it eliminates shuffling in a 'pile' of quarters when putting qtrs. in the machines!
A friend uses them for putting herbs in oil or vinegar--this makes it easy to prepare them in small amts.
Also good for anything(s) in your purse or luggage with a lid that could come off.
May 4, 20100 found this helpful
I use them for fishing. I keep my tackle box in order. I put hooks, sinkers, swivels in them. I even put some of my lures in them to keep from getting stuck all of time when I go night fishing. They work great. Have fun. Sherry
January 15, 20111 found this helpful
I take the labels off and clean and then give them to my Vet to use for meds.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 12:29:33 AM on 10.0.0.99 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us