How to Make Bread Bowls For Soup

What type bowls do you use to bake them in. I want to try making the bread bowls where you take off the tops after they bake and add soups, etc. But I don't know what type bowls or pans to use in order that they come up real high. Does anyone know what I would use to bake them in to achieve that? Thanks.

Julie from Greeneville, TN

Julie,

This recipe seemed to have good reviews:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Italian-Bread-Bowls/Detail.aspx

Good luck - sounds yummy!

There was just a recipe for making them in last months magazine, CookCountry. I didn't copy it before I took it back to the library, but basically it used a loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed and then stretched over bottom of ovenproof bowl or large custard cup for individual bowls. Bake it at temp directed on pkg. They did spray bottom of bowl with oil to make it easier to remove the bowl.

Thank you both for the help. My mom use to save her starter to make her own sourdough bread.But I'm not that patient. Now that they make it and offer it in the frozen section thats what I was going to use. I know it will rise high but I did not think it would go high enough to create a bowl. But that idea of over the outer pan sounds great.I'll try it. I love homemade creamed potato soup so I thought I'd try it first then move on to other ideas to put inside the bread bowl. Besides vegetable soup or chili I can't think of many. If anyone has ideas on that too, I'd love to know of more. Thanks

I have had chili, clam chowder, chicken soup, potato cheese soup and other thick soups in a bread bowl. It also works nice for salads, including seafood or tuna salad.

Enjoy!

I used to work in a bakery. We used smallish stainless bowls to create the bowl shape. We first made a ball of dough, rolled it into a nice flat circle with a rolling pin, and draped it over the stainlwss steel bowl which was big (open) side down. Does that make sense?? Then we baked it right on the bowl. We had several bowls so we could make a few at a time.

I really enjoy a beef stew in a bread bowl...The grocery stores now have them fresh in their bakery depts. Sometimes 2 to a package or you can just buy the big round bread and serve a group with the small breads sliced and garlic toasted..YUM GG Vi

Soup in a Bread Bowls
Making Bread Bowls
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads AdviceOctober 16, 2007
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Bean Soup in Bread Bowl
Using Bread Bowls
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls
🎉
🎄