Izzy (Box Turtle)

Izzy is a 2 Year old Three Toed Box Turtle. I bought him two years ago. He likes to eat strawberries. This is his new outdoor pen.

By _Terry_from New York

We have a gulf coast box turtle named Mikey Sherman. Here's a pic of him.

Back a long time ago my father walked to work across a two lane road that must have been a freeway for box turtles. If they were in the road when he was going to work, he'd let them off further along, if he was coming home he'd bring us a pet. We had a pen and it would usually take them a couple of days to escape. His rules: can't name them, can't write on the back with nail polish. I kept telling him that the same one was coming back, but the rules still applied.

Gotta love those box turtles! I got my first one in1993. Over the years we have had many more but kept "only" 7. and we love each and every one of them. By the way, there are no slugs and snails in our back yard-they take care of almost all of them. Hope you have many good years with Izzy.

Well how sweet. I like the picture.

Photos Pets OtherJuly 13, 2009
Making a Turtle Costume for a Baby
Making a Turtle Costume for a Baby
making bread
Turtle Bread Recipes
Pretzel Turtle Recipes
Pretzel Turtle Recipes