Remedies for Hot Glue Gun Burns

Hot glue gun burns can be serious burns and extremely painful. Do not be hasty and try to pull the glue off as it will take skin with it! I protect myself each time I use a glue gun by placing a bowl big enough to fit my hand with cold water and ice cubes. Since the hot glue will stick to your hand and continue burning you want to immediately thrust your hand into the ice water. Do not peel the glue off until the pain stops and then do so very carefully. This has saved me many times!

By Pattie from Bridgton, ME

That's a great idea...and if you know you'll need to hold the item you're gluing in place for a second or so, I use wooden skewers...hands are far away from the hot glue and the tip is small enough not to interfer with what you're trying to accomplish!!!

In These Guides
Using a Hot Glue Gun
Using a Hot Glue Gun
Home Remedies for Minor Burns
Home Remedies for Minor Burns
Crafts MiscellaneousMarch 14, 2008
Making Fabric Pins
Making Fabric Pins
Cleaning a Glue Gun
Cleaning a Hot Glue Gun
Eyeglass Case Patterns
Eyeglass Case Patterns
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 12:28:30 PM on 10.0.0.44 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.