Growing a Blue Pine

I went to visit my Son in Illinois last year. I purchased a Blue pine tree (small potted). I set it out in my yard when I returned. It hasn't grown much and it has turned green. Any suggestions on how to get it to grow and get it's blue color back? I live in Alabama and the climate here is warmer.

Trisha from Alabama

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I would suppose blue pine is similar to blue spruce. I planted mine into the ground, when it started becoming too green we put some coal around it. I've heard that charcoal works too. We found a coal seam on one of our Sunday drives and dug some up.

Home and Garden Gardening TreesApril 16, 2007
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:40:41 AM on 10.0.0.212 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.