Send An Address Label With Your Greeting Cards - Categories:

GiftsChristmas

Send An Address Label With Your Greeting Cards

I always insert a stick-on address label with my address inside cards that I send. That makes it easier for the receiver so they don't have to hand address a card back to me. They also don't have to spend time looking up my address.

If the address labels are on a sheet, cut the label off with the paper still attached. If not, place it on a piece of wax paper. It will pull off easily and they can use it.

By Gladys Hill

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I think this is a mean idea. There are many people who are unable to afford a card plus postage and you are really obliging them to send you a card by return post. It would be far more polite to clearly and accurately write you name and address on the back of the envelope, then should they wish to send you a card they will.

"I think this is a mean idea. There are many people who are unable to afford a card plus postage and you are really obliging them to send you a card by return post. It would be far more polite to clearly and accurately write you name and address on the back of the envelope, then should they wish to send you a card they will."

It's not mean at all... you know who you are sending the card to, if you don't think they can afford a stamp, send them one of those too. Letting someone know you want to hear from them will be seen as mean. It's much more thoughtful than just an obligatory Christmas card. A lot of people are really bad about writing and like a friendly nudge (I am one of those people). :-)

This year I cut out the return labels of the cards I got last year, taped them to the cards that I sent out this year. Saved a lot of time of writing. I love the idea of sending out a address label too. I will keep that in mind for the coming years! Thanks for the great tip!~

i think it is sort of tacky to do that. it is almost like giving a gift but putting wrapping paper anda ribbon in the box so they will have it when they give you a gift (and that is what it is impling) they will have the paper and bow

Hmmm, it's interesting the different opinions on this one. i didn't think of it as a hint that the receiver had to send but as being thoughtful. It makes it easy to put your address in their address book, use it on a card or add it to your Christmas Card list. If I received an address label, I wouldn't have thought to take offense or that I had to send a card. I always send a card back to those that send me cards anyway.

-Susan from ThriftyFun

I think this is a great idea and I'd love for someone to do that for me. I think of it as a gift and something I can use to update my address book in a flash. I wouldn't even have thought that it implied I should send a card back. We've had quite a few marriages in our family this year, young college age couples who move frequently. What a snap it would be to paste it in my address book. Besides, true gifts don't come with strings. I don't think so anyway.

My mother send me address labels, for me to use and because she gets sooooo many of them. I use them because it lets her know that she has done something nice for me.

I send them to my sons because they always lose my address!?! Not sure on that one, LOL, but I agree that if you know the recipient, that you will know their reaction to the the labels.

Besides, anyone that sends me an easier way to do something is appreciated. It costs me less than a dollar to send a Dollar store card and a 39 cent stamp. Even less when I make the card. An that is still cheaper than sending a gift!

Gretta in Oklahoma

Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsNovember 17, 2004
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Gingerbread Man Christmas Card
Making Gingerbread Man Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:09:32 AM on 10.0.1.69 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.