Looking For No Sew Blanket Patterns

I am 11 Years Old and I love to Make no sew blankets! does any body else like to make these?

Emily from Kannsas City

I have recently heard of no sew blankets, I don't know what they are but would like a pattern. I am trying to make blankets for little children who have cancer. I don't have much money, I don't know how to knit, or sew much. I just want to help. Thank you

SHANNON IN NC

did you look at the fabric store, they should have instructions. The fleece can be cut and the edges given a number of decorative non sewing finishes. I got a free copy of fun with fleece at Hancocks or did you try a google search, here is a link i found

<P>http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/homelife/ideas/pom-jan03.htm <P>

I just made these. It is very easy. You will need one and a half yards of fleece material. On the top and bottom edges, make a fringe. I spaced it 1 inch apart and made each fringe 6 inches long. You can then make a knot in each fringe. It looks great without the knots also. Hope this makes sense.

ebay has a board called the soapbox

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.j ... 410306016&modified=1104867079089

it has apost with pics and easy tofollow directions for making these bow tie blankets

I'm so glad you are doing this for a good cause. The 1 inch apart response is what I used on ours. I used to make "preemie" blankets for the N.I.C.U., they were greatly appreciated. Is the any special washing ahead rule that the cancer center gave you? I had one for the preemie blankets. Sandy in Kansas

"No-sew" blankets are usually just panels of fleece fabric. Fleece fabric doesn't need to be hemmed because it doesn't unravel or fray.

Most fleece that's marketed as "no-sew blankets" are pre-printed, pre-cut panels in a variety of designs (flowers, Scooby Doo, Hello Kitty, unicorn, whatever), but you can certainly use sections of plain or patterned fleece off the roll too, if you want different sizes.

No pattern is needed, as such. You just cut off a square or rectangle of fleece to the size you want, and voila, you've got a blanket. Of course, there are lots of ideas for fancy edging you can do easily. When you go to the fabric store, ask them if they have any free handouts that give ideas of what you can do with fleece fabric. Or if you have the time, you can also just browse through the books in the store that are about fleece fabric crafts.

Now is actually probably a good time to purchase "no-sew" blanket kits. After Christmas they often go on sale, since the winter giving season is drawing to a close. Good luck!

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has posted to my request. to purpenut43, no they did not give me any instructions, could you tell me yours just in case I might need to do that. The lady that I am talking to about making these recently lost her little son to cancer and has opened up a foundation in his honor to help out. But she didn't tell me of any special washing.

Thanks again so much

Shannon in NC

I made quite a few of these easy blankets for Christmas, they went over in a big way. I used one and a third yards each of two contrasting fleeces(good size for younger children-say toddler to young adult, but you can adjust amount fabric for larger) there are a lot more patterns and colors available than the kits offer, check out the remnants section in store for inexpensive lengths too. I washed and dried them before cutting them, fleece is pretty easy to work with. Lay out both pieces atop one another, careful to line them up to each other as best as possible with wrong sides (if there are any) facing each other (some imperfections along the edges can be trimmed and do not be too concerned about straight edges, once tied you will never notice if they were slightly crooked), then cut out a square from each corner, for example, a six inch by six inch square from each corner. now use scissors or a rotary cutter with the self healing mat, to cut 6 inch strips all the way around-cutting up from the edge toward the middle by six inches then move over an inch and repeat - now you will tie those strips together-tie the bottom strip to the top strip into a knot. That is it. I did mine completely by being told how to over the phone, draw it on paper first if that might help to visualize it. You can alter the dimensions however you need to, but keep the squares that you cut from the corners the same size as the length of strips.

This is a simple sew idea - My sister in law just made an fleece blanket-she stacked the two lengths of fleece and then sewed around the entire thing, about 6 inches from the edges, then using pinking shears, she cut the fringe and used the pinking shears on the ends of the fringe for consistency, it came out great and is a super easy sewing project, just need to be able to sew a straight line. She did not tie the strips, but you could if you wanted

well for starters you need to need to find a place with cheap fabric. i usually get mine from http://www.twinfabrics.com they are the cheapest that i have found compared to joann, hancock fabrics and so on. and to make the blankets are very easy. All you need to do is get the amount of fabric you want any were from 1 1/2 yards to 2 yards of each color or design you want to use. Then line of the fabrics. make sure you have the brighter sides facing up on both sides. Cut out 4 inch squares off of each corner and then cut straight lines all around the blanket about 1 inch apart from each other and then tie square knots. meaning tie a knot tying both of the pieces of fabric together. if you have any other questions just ask.

I had seen a polar fleece blanket that someone had made my hairdresser and I can't find the pattern to save my life. It was a polar fleece square about throw size and then it had a crochet edge around it. Does anyone know of a pattern that exists for this?

What a nice idea. There is a website that has a free no sew fleece pillow instructions. I think the concept is the same. http://www.imsuperbored.com. you will find it in the project archives.

They have kits at walmart.Take a look by the fabric section.

great idea its SO easy.. you bascially just put two pieces of fabric together and cut a square out of the corners and then cut stripes all the way around. tie, and you are done! check out this website..

http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/homelife/ideas/pom-jan03.htm

great idea i love those

I just recently made one of these blankets out of a single piece of fleece that was a remnant for our little dog. She loves it! The piece only cost me a dollar and dogs get cold too! Just thought I'd mention it in case you had animals that might love a blanket too.

Everything in your bedroom is a rectangle, so you can no-sew anthing you need for that room.

For pillowcases, cut two pieces 12" wider and 8" longer than your pillowcase is now. Cut the usual 6-inch strips and six-inch corners.

Tie around three sides, leaving the open end open. Put in your pillow and tuck the open end into the pillowcase. It will hold on to the pillow.

Do yourself a huge favor, and learn to sew.

I have sen quite a few patterns for crocheted edging on fleece baby blankets.

I don't crochet .

How would you do this by knitting?

Any help appreciated.

I am in the process of making a no sew fleece blanket, but i am having trouble with the corners. I know to cut a 5 inch square out of each corner, but how do you cut the strips out even after cutting the square out? It is still in an odd shape to cut straight lines.

The easier for me to under stand the directions the better I will understand. I'll be waiting to hear from you. Thank-you. Kathy

learning to crochet is REALLY easy.id reccommend it instead.

plus, it racks up huge amounts of volunteer hrs when u make a blanket for charities...

I'm looking for no sew fleece pillows pattern. Does anyone know where to find one?

I just finished 4 no sew blankets for Christmas. You do not really need a pattern. All I did was buy 2 yards or whatever you want along with a solid and pattern. Then I cut 6 inches up in each corner and then up in strips of 6 inches. If you are making it for a baby then you can cut up 3 inches for the corners and then the strips would also be 3 inches up. Does this make sense???

I'm also making blankets but with my girl scout troop. Have you ever heard of a quillow? Search for instruction on line. They look pretty cool too. Something different.

Yes I do too and it's fun.

Laurie

41, Maryland

Yes I love making any thing that has to do with food or sewing I love making the no sew blankets there so easy and fun and my family loves them! We should bounce some ideas of each other mabye we can make some thing really cool!!!

(submitted via email)

A no sew blanket is very easy but I sew a stitch around mine so that they will last longer and it is easier to make in my opinion. But, if you are looking for something that is a cheaper thing to do to help your community. You might consider making blankets for your local hospital for the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) or NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). You can contact your local hospital and ask if they use the small blankets in their NICU. The hospital staff is very appreciative of the small blankets that my mom and sister made for them. They use them in the hospital and then send it home with the baby. They also made tiny shirts for them in seasonal type fabric which helped the parents have a picture made with their baby with something other than a 'hospital gown' on. You can buy the fabric when it is in the remnant section or $1.00 a yard and make a lot of different blankets or shirts.

Nancy

fleece tie blanket
Making Fleece Tie Blankets
Crafts AdviceDecember 23, 2005
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
A sewing machine foot with pink thread sewing pink fabric.
Learning How to Sew
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
🎄