Neutrogena Exfoliator

I use Neutrogena Exfoliator, I was wondering is it bad for my skin because it foams and lathers. I think its a face scrub, too.

Kelly from Seattle

I prefer to go the natural route when it comes to my skin. I use a mixture of sugar and water to exfoliate and it works great! You can also mix a little sugar in your daily moisturizer or face soap.

To check the safety of your products google "skin deep cosmetic database". This is my favorite site for getting safe product recommendations. They test a wide range of products for hair care, skin care, makeup, sunscreen, etc. I am sure you will find most of your products on the site. I use baking soda with my face wash to exfoliate and it works like a charm!

I dont think it can be bad for your skin. If you are rooting out old blackheads or whiteheads, you may notice an increase of pimples. But that should go away once they are removed. The other thing that could happen is you could be stimulating the oil glands too much so they overproduce oil and cause blemishes. I'm not sure if this is a mechanical exfoliator or not is why I mentioned this last idea.

Lather and foam should not hurt your skin unless you are allergic to it. I'm allergic to the preservatives in most products. One of them is methylparaben which is used in almost every liquid product on the market.

Good luck

I use this product and Love it. I have had it about a month, my skin has never looked so good. I use it 3 days in a roll, then let is regrow the cells. My dark spots are disappearing, mine lines are getting smaller. I actually use the pad for a few days instead of just one like they say..(that's a selling point to buy more pads, I have even used it with my clinque exfoliater scrub and it works. The vibration really feels like something is happening. but I do have tough skin not sensitive.Good Luck

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care CleansingApril 29, 2008
Homemade Exfoliator
Homemade Exfoliator Recipes
Sugar exfoliant
Homemade Sugar Exfoliator Recipes