Ralphie (English Pointer)

contest winner icon

Ralphie is a 1 1/2 year old English Pointer (friend quality). We got him in October of '07 when my husband's dog passed away. They'd been pretty close even though "Puppy" lived outside. They hung out together a lot.

It was barely a week before my husband's birthday when he came home to find Puppy. I never saw him so distraught. I had called the pound, animal aid, humane soc. everyone I could think of. No one had anything. Then, on my husband's birthday I went to the pound in person. I was there waiting when they opened and told them why I needed a puppy so desperately. I was in luck. Someone, had brought in three puppies and they were just that morning over their quarantine. I walked in and looked at the three, and this little guy still had blue eyes, actually tried to slither under the gate to get to me.

My husband got a heck of a surprise when he got home that day. I still call Ralphie 'Babydog' as I called him so I wouldn't think of him with a name and my husband could name his dog. Ralphie is named for the boy in "A Christmas Story."

Ralphie loves to run and run and run. He also loves to play with his best buddy Tom (my husband). He loves to tease his "big brother" Russell (a beagle/bassett hound mix). Ralphie is one of those lucky finds I think. One of those pets that seem to have been made for the family they live with. The photo was taken on Christmas night. The fox toy was his present. He put himself to bed and took his new toy with him.

By Shosha from Berrien Springs, MI

What an adorable darling! I love to see animals having fun with their toys and lovies! What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing! Robyn

Ralphie is precious! I suspect he's the best birthday gift your husband has gotten in a long time. Isn't it amazing how some animals just sense that they belong to you. That happened to me years ago when I went to pick out a pekingnese from a litter - Emp just snuggled up on my shoulder as if he had always been there, so I knew he was the one. Give Ralphie a big hug and kiss from Missy's mom and God bless you.

Photos Pets DogsApril 22, 2009
Two English Bulldogs, one sitting one laying down.
English Bulldog Breed Information and Photos
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Ivy Leaf
Growing English Ivy
German Shorthair Pointer
German Shorthair Pointer Breed Information and Photos