Replacing Starter Drive On Briggs & Stratton

I have replaced the starter drive on my Briggs & Stratton engine on my craftsman mower. To do this I had to have a special tool for the removal of the c-ring and a special tool for the replacement of the c-ring, which I accomplished successfully. How do you replace the two long bolts back through the starter. I can get everything lined up but can't seem to get the bolt close enough to get the threads started?

Jude from Atlanta

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If you want to do your own repairs on your mower I suggest you obtain a copy of GREGORY'S No.426, SMALL ENGINES SERIES 2 SERVICE AND REPAIR MANUAL. To assist in identifying, there are four rewind type starters used Briggs & Stratton have names them Vertical Pull, Horizontal Pull, Quantum Power and Side Mount.

I had probs with my mower and went to you tube. Typed in mower wont start and there were plenty of videos showing you how to do repairs. got mine going by watching the videos. Hope this helps

Answer

Man Repairing a Lawn Mower
Repairing a Lawn Mower
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersNovember 30, 2007
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
sourdough starter
Sourdough Starter Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 10:12:57 PM on 10.0.0.7 in 266 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.