Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Replacing Starter Drive On Briggs & Stratton

I have replaced the starter drive on my Briggs & Stratton engine on my craftsman mower. To do this I had to have a special tool for the removal of the c-ring and a special tool for the replacement of the c-ring, which I accomplished successfully. How do you replace the two long bolts back through the starter. I can get everything lined up but can't seem to get the bolt close enough to get the threads started?

Jude from Atlanta

By

By poutokaipara04/06/2011

I had probs with my mower and went to you tube. Typed in mower wont start and there were plenty of videos showing you how to do repairs. got mine going by watching the videos. Hope this helps

By Angela (Guest Post)12/03/2007

If you want to do your own repairs on your mower I suggest you obtain a copy of GREGORY'S No.426, SMALL ENGINES SERIES 2 SERVICE AND REPAIR MANUAL. To assist in identifying, there are four rewind type starters used Briggs & Stratton have names them Vertical Pull, Horizontal Pull, Quantum Power and Side Mount.