Use Lip Balm for Very Dry Feet

I have very dry skin on the soles of my feet and nothing did the trick. I tried slathering a thin layer of my lip balm - Smith's Rosebud Salve on them and have been using it ever since. It's only 5 bucks per tin and works much better than the expensive foot creams I have tried.

Source: Discovered it on my own after noticing that the tin suggested use for chapped skin as well as lips.

By Dove from Chicago, IL

My favorite for dry feet is Bag Balm. Its original use was by farmers for cow udders. The farmers found they had very soft hands! I get mine in the local agway. (Cheaper there) Can also be found in Walgreens.

I have been using chap stick on my dry elbows for years, I also buy a new stick for my kids when they have a cold and their nose is raw from blowing it. Once the cold is over, I throw away the tube. Very inexpensive and it really heals that red nose!

Try a jar of Aquaphor from CVS or Walgreen's. It's a HUGE jar and on costs around $14-16 but it lasts forever. I put it on my heels after I dry my feet just out of the shower. They are as soft and smooth as a baby's. I found out about this from a dermatologist years ago. If you want to try a tube before buying the jar, they make it in a smaller version. But, you'll LOVE it so go for the big one. It's like lip balm in consistency, doesn't smell ucky like vaseline and really works.