Secure Draw String Before Washing

Before washing clothes which have a drawstring at the waist (or anywhere for that matter), stitch across it down the middle of the back. If you don't sew, a safety pin will do the trick. I had many of those drawstrings and cords to get pulled back into the opening, before I started doing this. I haven't had a problem since.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

November 7, 2012 Flag

I have several pairs of lounge pants that have both elastic and a drawstring in them. What I do is make a slip knot in one side of the drawstring and attach the other side in it and pull the knot tight and walla my string can't get inside the waist band anymore when its laundered. If you've ever had to fish one of these out you know what I mean.

By Michele S J. from SW mo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Laundry Tips and Tricks, Dirty Laundry in a White Basket
Laundry Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 29, 2009
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
Hand pouring powdered laundry detergent into washing machine using pink scoop
Emergency Laundry Detergent Substitutions
Kleenex wads
Removing Kleenex from Clothing
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 10:28:07 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.