Go Diego Go Centerpieces

I would love to make Diego centerpieces for my son's 2nd birthday party which is the "Go Diego Go" theme. I am thinking of using foam cut outs of Diego and sticking them into a foam disk with a wooden dowel, but I am not sure if it needs to be weighted or secured to the table. Please help me with ideas.

I would also love to make wooden figures to stand up on the ground, but I am not sure how. I like the one from the picture, but I don't want to use a flower pot. Please help!

By Apryl from Miami, FL

If you don't want to use a flower pot, since they look kind of "girlie", you could use galvanized buckets or beach pails, both of which you could get from the dollar store. You could also take a rubber ball, such as a small soccer or football (again, from the dollar store), cut off the top, and use that as a base. To stabilize the arrangement, use marbles or river stones for a dollar a bag from dollar store. I love the idea of using Diego that way!

I have done this before with metal pails, but really any container that would hide the styrofoam would work. I have even used little felt Easter baskets found in the dollar aisle at Target before. I covered mine with crinkle paper like you use in gift baskets. I stuck big suckers into them and they did not need to be weighted.

chocolate spoon centerpieces
Kids Birthday Party Centerpieces
Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesJuly 7, 2010
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
San Diego, California
San Diego, California Frugal Travel Guide
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Summer Themed Flower Centerpiece
Summer Themed Centerpieces