Easy Sweet Potatoes

Just drain most of the liquid from your can of yams or sweet potatoes. Dot with butter and sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar. Cover with foil and set in the oven with your bird for the last 30 minutes (at 350 degrees F) or 45 minutes (at 325 degrees F.) Enjoy!

Source: My sister taught me this - it's how she makes hers.

By Lelia Jo from Springfield, OH

Better yet, buy fresh sweet potatoes and bake then same as baking potatoes. They are so much better than those canned chunks of sweet potatoes.

I roast my sweet potatoes with garlic and paprika in a little vegetable oil. I tend to cook butternut squash in the same way. They turn out so yummy, and add wonderful colour to your meals. One tip I would pass on though is to use garlic salt as the garlic tends to 'catch' whilst roasting and can taste quite bitter. I much prefer fresh garlic most of the time but the salt is good this occasion.

Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Christmas Side DishesDecember 15, 2008
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
growing sweet potatoes
Growing Sweet Potatoes