Halloween Game for None But the Brave!

Guests sit in a circle on floor, lights are out except for the flashlight that the narrator reads by. Have each item to be passed around in a separate bowl. Guest will pick up the item, put it back in the bowl, then pass to the next person. While guests pass an item, narrator hold the flashlight underneath her chin to give her face scary look and says:

"Poor Joe! He should have stayed home on that Halloween night. But out he went in the dark, dark night. A goblin was watching Joe walk 'cross the land. He swooped down beside him and snatched off his hand. Poor Joe!" (Narrator passes cold stuffed glove to person next to her. (I fill a rubber glove with water and freeze it). It continues being passed around until it returns to the narrator. Narrator sets bowl down and continues story.)

"He shivered and shook and grew oh, so cold. He fell when he ran, 'cause he'd lost all his toes. Poor Joe!" (Narrator passes 10 small pieces of peeled carrots of different sizes.)

"A black cat crossed his path, giving Joe such a scare. He threw back his head and off came his hair. Poor Joe!" (Narrator passes around a wig.)

"Hobbling along, one hand on a cane, Joe tried hard to think, but oops!  no more brain. Poor Joe!" (Narrator passes around cold, cooked spaghetti.) ( I mold it in a small round dish so it sticks together.)

"Oh, oh, I can't think, but at least I can hear, if witches and goblins should now reappear. So Joe kept going laden with fear. But he shook as he walked, and off fell his ears! Poor Joe!" (Narrator passes around two dried apricot halves.)

"And there in the distance his house he could spy, but just for a secondfor out popped his eyes. Poor Joe!" (Narrator passes around two peeled grapes.)

"And he yelled and he screamed, and he screamed and he yelled, hoping that someone would be there to tell. So he took a deep breath, his patience was wrung, but no sound he uttered for out fell his tongue! Poor Joe!" (Narrator passes around a piece of liver.) (I use a Tupperware popsicle mold and pour in very stiff gelatin so that the set tongue is very solid.)

"Oh, what a shame! What a pity! What a fright! That Joe ventured out on that Halloween night. He lay there alonenothing left, not a part. And all you could hear was the beat of his heart. THUMP! Thump! Thump!" (Narrator turns off flashlight and slowly repeats the word 'thump' several times.

By Sue R.

Love this. I was huinting for a game for older folks in a village social. This one reminds me of one my mother did for me when I was a child. We had a basement which was fixed up with bowls of all sorts of things. Each guest was blind folded. One by one we were led down the stairs and around the stations. It was scary and loads of fun.

i think thats a cool idea!

that is so neat! i will try this for sure! thanks

Halloween Party Games
Halloween Party Games
Holidays and Parties Halloween GamesOctober 4, 2004
Poke-A-Pumpkin Game
Making a Poke-A-Pumpkin Game
Food on Electric Grill
Cooking Tips for Electric Grill
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas
A cooked whole lobster.
Freezing Lobster