Use a Marshmallow for Dog Medication

If you have a difficult time getting your dog to take pills of any kind, the easiest way I have found is to stick the pill or pills in a large marshmallow. They greedily take the marshmallow where they might not a pill.

By Elaine from IA

I used to do the same thing, but with a chunk of Velveeta cheese, which my dog went crazy over. Just buried the pill inside the cheese & down it went, no problem.

Becareful what you feed your dog tho dogs LOVE food they can't have (like Velveeta Cheese)

Dogs Shouldn't Eat the following (because it will hurt them in the long run.)

-Chocolate

-Salt (which includes Butter, which is in velveeta cheese)

-Coffee and coffee grounds

-Tea

-Other caffeinated beverages

-Onion and onion powder

-Garlic (less toxic than onion)

-Anything else in the onion family!

-Bones from fish or poultry

-Macadamia nuts

-Human vitamin supplements containing iron

-Meat-soaked string (from turkey or rump roast)

-Alcoholic beverages (including eggnog)

-Citrus oil extracts

-Pits from peaches and plums

-Mushrooms, unless safe for human consumption

-Tobacco

-Yeast dough

-Hops

-Tomato leaves and stems (green parts)

-Potato leaves and stems (green parts)

-Rhubarb leaves

-Raw Egg White

-Raw Egg

-Pork or Beef Rib Bones

-Bones in general

-Grapes and Rasins

Although your pet may LOVE the food you as their owner and lifetime companion should not give it to them.

These foods can hurt your pet in one shape form or fashion.

NO! No! No! do not use marshmallows. They can get stuck in your dogs throat and with the saliva, turn to goo and block the breathing. A better way is to put the pill in a little dollop of peanut butter on your finger tip. The PB makes it impossible for them to spit the pill out, so down the hatch it goes. Notice, I said "small dollop" for the peanut butter!!!!! Something about the size of your finger tip should do it.

I've always heard that raw eggs are good for dogs. Heard it made for a healthy/shiney coat. Also, I did a research online for homemade doggie treats and a lot of them called for garlic. Guess I'll have to ask my vet because I keep hearing contradictory info on sooo many foods.

I have 2 dogs to give pills to. I take one slice of any type of cheese (they aren't choosy), split it in half once then each half in half again. I smish the pill inside one piece of cheese and they gobble it up. Then I give them the second piece as a reward.

Why give them sugar, it isn't good for them. My dog loves cheese, so I take a cheese stick & remove about 1/2-1", push the pill into the center & give it to her. But she's so smart, she figured out if I give her cheese, it usually has Benadryl in it, so she stopped taking it from me. Now I have to give her 1 piece without the pill, followed by the one with the pill.

Note to Lovethosehounds - don't be convinced that your dog "can not" spit the pill out using peanut butter. They can separate a pill from ANY type of food, including peanut butter. Mine used to do it all the time!

The best method is to surprise them. Don't use the same treat every time and they won't learn to expect it.

A puppy scratching at fleas.
Giving Medication to Pets
Pets AdviceMarch 11, 2008
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
Marshmallow Frosting Recipes
cat
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
Making Marshmallow Cereal Treats
Marshmallow Cereal Treat Recipes
🎄
🍂