Kids Removing Their Own Diapers

My kids (two year old twins) always take off their diapers and throw their poop all over. Even when I give them a nap they take off the diapers and mess up all their sheets. I tried putting tape around it and putting 2 layers of clothing. Nothing works. I don't know what to do anymore, but I'm so tired of having to clean up the huge mess everyday and constantly washing clothes and giving them a bath.

By peanut45 from Chicago, IL

Sounds like they are trying to tell you they are ready for the potty and no more diapers. I bet they will take right off to the potty now and love no more diapers but cloth pulls instead after they get the hang of it.

If they aren't ready for potty training I'd try good old duct tape.

You might try making them clean up their own mess. I would hold a plastic bag and have them put soiled diapers in there themselves and then get a mop bucket and put a little water in there with some pine sol and give each a rag and have them clean up their own mess. It sounds like they should be napping in seperate rooms for nap they are using this for entertainment and a control mech for you. My son would drop food on the floor around his high chair. After a few times of him cleaning up his own mess it stay on the tray or in his mouth. He did not enjoy cleaning up instead of playing.

My guess too is that they are ready to potty train. Using pullups (or something similar) instead of diapers may be helpful.

I saw a mother on TV who put the child in a sleeper with a zipper and reservsed it so the zipper was in the back. I agree that potty training is in the near future.

I had this problem & if your kids want the diapers off, maybe they are telling you something. They want a dry bottom & crotch. I trained 4 & when my son was 12 months old, he started doing this. He liked being dry. So I started training him & it only took 3 months. Some kids don't care & don't want to be trained, lazy, but give me a kid who likes to be dry, any old day. Take advantage of it, it's a good thing. Besides, I don't care what the currant wisdom is. It's easier to get young kids trained. As they get older, they start being stubborn. Young kids take things in stride & go along with lots of things. It's a habit, like any other habit. I helped train my grand kids, too. Young is good.

As a parent of twin boys (who are now grown -- thank goodness), I would agree with the sleeper with reverse zipper. My boys would always work together to create mayhem. lol. Hang in there!

Sounds to me those boys are screaming to be potty trained. Get out the reward system to cure that horrid habit of poop displacing! This is curable! So find a favorite for a reward. Set a timer for potty trips. Do they already have a set time they are having regular bowel moments or are they on different times. That hard mom if they do.

Best to help the process is to stick to regular scheduling especially potty training so they're going at the same time so your not constantly hanging out in the potty palace all day! Eat meals at regular times and potty training will be so much more successful especially when you have two to tangle with! Good luck potty training can be loads easier if they're ready, schedule meal times and be consistent with the potty palace. Remember to ask often. Set that timer for yourself of course!

Twins will help each other unzip their clothes, even if you put the zipper in the back. Try removing the zipper pull, turning the clothes inside out, and putting them on backwards. Worked for me! Good luck!

Try potty training and so not use pull ups. I am a preschool teacher and work with 2 year olds. Pull ups to a 2 year old is nothing but a diaper we have more success if the child is in regular panties or underwear

I have twins boys they are 15 now, I had the same problem Take some duct tape and wrap around the diaper, a one complete wrap around the stomach and back, that will solve your problem and when you get ready to change them cut it off with scissor, be sure not to put the tape on the skin, just the diaper only.

Also this might be a sign they are ready to start training for the pot. Try the pull-up.

Four words: old-fashioned diaper pins

Put them through the disposable diaper right where you'd use them on a cloth diaper. I've never had a child get one off and I have six. You can also use it to keep the zipper on the pajamas up. You can put it through the eye of the zipper tab and pin it to one side or if your twins are especially wiley, you can put it through the little flap of fabric on one side of the zipper, then through the eye of the zipper tab, then through the other side's little flap. Don't ask why I know about this method. ;-) I have twins too, but they are seven years old.

Be sure to use old-fashioned diaper pins with the plastic head. They are almost impossible for children to remove but easy for you.

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler BehaviorMay 29, 2009
Homemade Dog Diapers
Homemade Dog Diapers
A stack of a cloth diapers.
Cloth Diapers or Disposable Diapers?
small dog
Dog Diapers Won't Stay On
Making Doo Doo Drop Diapers
Making Doo Doo Drop Diapers
🎄