Baby is Constipated

My best friend has a 3 month old grandson who sometimes has trouble going to the bathroom. I remember when my kids were small we mixed Karo syrup in water and gave it to them. But I can't remember what the mixture was. Can you help?

de1548

I did that too. I learned it from my mom. I would taste it to check the sweetness.. if its sweet to us its sweet to them. Thats what my mom said she went by so I did too.

When my son gets constipated the Dr told me to mix a spoonful of sugar in with water,for some reason the glucose stimulates their digestive tract

Maybe they can give the baby 1 teaspoon of karo syrup or some fruit juice to help the B M. I use to give it to my babies, good luck.

1 teaspoon to the mixed formula not the individual bottles. If you have to do that add 1/4 teaspoon to bottle and then wait 24 hours to see if it works. If it doesn't add 1/4 to another bottle. It will eventually cause the flood gates to open.

My mother told me that she fed me Gerber prunes.

If they have baby apple juice try that however check with the doc about when to give baby juice forgot my little is now 6 good luck. I am begging please consult with the baby's doc or parents before giving any meds out. A lot of grandparents are giving out meds to little ones before consulting with the doc and parents and the little ones are getting sick and dieing. Please be careful ok

I would call the baby's pediatrician.

My pediatricians (all 5 of them) told me to give my 3 kids a very small piece of crushed peppermint candy in some water. Like a 1/4 of a pinch to a 4 or 5 ounce bottle.

Just make sure neither of the baby's parents were/are diabetic. Otherwise the doc can tell mom and dad what they recommend for a suppository, usually it's Fleet's and you cut the children's one down to just a teeny sliver. Good luck, poor baby.

Am so glad mine are 2, 3, and 5, lol. -Leslie

I'm curious as to why you had 5 pediatricians?

I moved from my birth city (1st son-1 doc), to Milwaukee (3 docs because of insurance changes), and last move to South Dakota (last baby and current doc).

Sorry, shouldn't have made it sound like I had quacks, lol.

There is a product called Maltsupex (Malt soup extract) that can be found at some pharmacies. It worked wonders on my baby, but that was several years ago. You may want to check with the MD or pharmacist. It was a little spendy, but I was so relieved, it was worth it.

I just finished a class on Tai Chi and we were told if you "massage"your stomach in the area of your intestines it will help with constipation -- go in the opposite direction for diarrhea. Just use your hand/fingers and start under your rib cage on the right side and rub to the left, down to your lower abdomen and up again to just under your rib cage. You can be as gentle as you want or use a firmer stroke. Just continue this motion for as long as you feel necessary (not long is beneficial).A friend was told to use this on her disabled child and she said it brought him relief. Since starting Tai Chi I have had NO health problems -- not even a headache! I love it!

My friend just went thru this with 4 month old. Clear karo only about 1 tsp in bottle.

Her baby was having rice cereal mixed in with formula which caused constipation per doctor.

She had been adding small amount of cereal to formula per doc advice. However he

said some babies do not tolerate the cereal, until 6 months so no more cereal

just formula. Also ask doc before doing this, and no, honey it is not good for a baby.

You can use barley baby cereal it works as a laxative, the pediatrician told me to use it for my daughter when she was just a couple months old, you can mix it with formula or juice just be sure to cut a x slice in the nipple so the baby doesn't struggle to get it out. Good luck

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 18, 2009
Feeding a Baby
Weaning a Baby Off Breast Milk
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎄