Juice Lid Jack-O'-Lantern
Transform a handful of beads and two frozen juice can lids into this grinning little guy just in time for Halloween!
Approximate Time: 25 minutes
- blow dryer
- 1 Tbsp. peach seed beads
- 17 black millefiori disc beads
- orange tempera paint
- hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- 1 ft. green ribbon
- clear school glue
- Paint one of the juice lids orange until opaque.
- Use blow dryer to dry paint.
- Pour enough clear school glue onto the orange juice lid to thickly coat it.
- Sprinkle the peach seed beads on the lid and the glue, pressing gently down until surface is completely beaded.
- Dry with blow dryer or leave to dry overnight.
- Insert glue stick into glue gun and turn on.
- While waiting for glue gun to heat up, cut 4 pieces of green ribbon approximately 1 1/2 inches long each.
- Cut another piece of green ribbon approximately 6 inches long.
- Line up the four shorter pieces of green ribbon and glue to the back side of the beaded orange lid at the top to make your Jack-O'-Lantern's stem.
- Double the longer piece of ribbon and hot glue that onto the back as well, to make yourself a loop from which you will be able to hang your Jack-O'-Lantern.
- Take the other juice can lid and hot glue it to the orange one, sandwiching the ribbons on the back of the orange lid, thereby hiding what was glued onto the back.
- Take 3 black beads for each eye, and hot glue them in a triangle formation on the face where you want them to be.
- Do the same with another 3 beads for the nose.
- Hot glue the remaining beads in the shape of a smile onto your Jack-O'-Lantern, which finishes it.
By Brianna from Dutch Harbor, Alaska
October 30, 20100 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 8:20:22 AM on 10.0.0.99 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us