My Sewing Machine Stopped Working

My Singer sewing machine was sewing just fine, when out of the blue, it seized or froze and it won't sew a bit now. What happened? I've done all the "checks" for needles, proper threading, cleaning, etc. Now what?

By Monica from Cortez, CO

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Something may have broken on the inside.

The same thing happened to my Singer. I took it in to the repair shop and they told me the clutch had slipped. It was a pretty quick fix and was reasonably priced.

When that happened on your Singer, did you hear a noise that sounded like something came loose and fell?

That is what happened with mine. I checked and couldn't see anything wrong, but I really didn't know what I was looking for! I'm hoping to have it repaired soon. We don't have a local repair shop and I don't know of anyone who repairs them, so we have to drive a distance to take it in. Thanks! Did they happen to tell you what might cause the clutch to slip? I'm wondering if I did something to cause it.

Has it been oiled recently?

@aloham58-Yes it has been oiled. Thanks for the good reminder! I know it is very important.

@deebomb-I do think something may have broken on the inside. Since I know next to nothing about this issue; I have to trust someone who does to get it in working order again. I did hear an odd rattling, clink before it stopped working correctly.

Sewing Machine Sewing Blue Fabric
Repairing a Sewing Machine
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesJanuary 19, 2011
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine Thread Keeps Breaking
Sewing Machine Needle Not Catching Thread
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 11:35:50 PM on 10.0.2.130 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.