Joke: The Joys of Having Girls

My friend sent me this story.

Ahhhhh. The joys of having girls. My mother taught me to read when I was four years old (her first mistake).

One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was keeping 'napkins' in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen?

Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that those were for "special occasions" (her second mistake).

Now fast forward a few months. It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for dinner. Mom had assignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table. When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately burst into laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling. Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table with a "special occasion" napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tail in so it didn't hang off the edge!

My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter.

"But, Mom, you SAID they were for special occasions!"

Isn't it easier to just tell the truth?

By Terri from NV

I remember as a child asking my mom while she was at the cashier checking out her groceries--"Mom, what are 'sanitary' napkins? Aren't the ones we usually use clean?" I couldn't figure out why she got so red and was trying to "shush" me!

I remember my little brother asking Mom what those boxes were when he saw them in a store. She told him they were diapers for women!

I too have a story about "napkins" My mother and I were at the local " family owned store" right next to my school. Another lady was buying a box. I blurted out "My Mom uses those kind of " Bandaids". Needless to say there were a few RED faces and some laughter that fowllowed. Yes, It's better to tell the truth!!!

Entertainment JokesJuly 5, 2006
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
A girl with a mohawk.
Mohawks on Girls
Little Girl in Cheerleader Costume
Making a Cheerleader Costume
Little Girl Dressed in Fairy Costume
Making a Fairy Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 2:17:12 AM on in 903 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.