Keeping a Cotton Shirt Looking Good All Day

Any idea's on how to keep a cotton shirt looking good for the day of wearing. It's gets wrinkles in an hour and looks awful. I've tried starch.

By Karpar from Sterling, MA

I think you need a drip dry shirt, no ironing needed. They stay looking good all day, good luck.

Are you talking about a man's dress shirt? if it's all cotton they are hard to iron. Take them to the cleaners and have them laundered there if you want the shirts to look perfect. A cotton/poly blend fabric is easier to deal with.

If you are wearing a shirt that has just been taken out of the dryer, it won't look good all day. Especially if it is a 100% cotton shirt. A lot of its appearance is due to the fabric itself.

A shirt needs to be ironed.....especially the collar, the front placket where the buttons are, and the button holes.

Try using SIZING instead of spray starch. It is in the same section of the store as the starch.

But, to keep them looking their best, they need to be taken to the Cleaners. To cut down on expenses, have them cleaned, and laundered, then wash them yourself a couple of times. Then take them to the cleaners again.

My cotton gets wrinkles if I don't use a fabric softener. I use Fleecy fabric softener in the rinse and don't have these problems.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceJuly 26, 2009
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Man wearing a white t-shirt.
Repairing a Cotton T-Shirt
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing