Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

To save on dish soap, fill a spray bottle one-quarter full of soap and top it off with water, give the mixture a good shake to mix well, and close the bottle. Spraying this on dishes cuts grease and saves a little money.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

What a great idea! I love frugal tips! Thanks for sharing.

God Bless, Trish in CT

You can also do this with your dog shampoo. It helps get the shampoo all over your dog without having to keep pouring shampoo into your hands and trying to hold your dog at the same time.

October 13, 2010 Flag

If you have pans or bowls that you want to wash by hand try adding about 3 tablespoons of dish liquid to a spray bottle almost filled with water then shake well. Just squirt it on the pan or bowl, scrub and rinse. You will be amazed how this stretches your dish liquid.

By Ann from Saint Peters, MO

Answers:

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

I buy dish soap in the gallon bottle then pour some into a smaller bottle~2/3's soap and 1/3 water. I've done this for years. It save a lot. (02/25/2010)

By druidana

February 22, 2010 Flag

Use a Spray bottle for diluted dish soap. Need to wash one dish or cup, etc? If you put a little liquid dish soap in spray bottle and fill the rest with water. When you need to wash one dish, give it a couple of sprays. You have enough to do the job, without wasting a lot of soap.

Source: We use one in our office kitchen.

By Ann from Philadelphia, PA

Answers:

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

I think this is a really good idea. Thanks. (07/02/2009)

By mulberry204

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

What a great idea/tip! Will be using this right away. Thanks for sharing! (07/03/2009)

By southeastgeorgiapeach

July 1, 2009 Flag

I found a really great way to save on dishwashing liquid! At work we have a spray bottle filled with dishwashing liquid that has been slightly diluted with water. It's great if you just want to wash one or two dishes or pans. Just spray and scrub! If you fill the sink, just use a few sprays to soak dishes. Your dish liquid will last much longer as we tend to waste less using it this way.

Source: I wrote this myself

By Lisa from Halifax

March 12, 2008 Flag

My handy kitchen tip is to keep a spray bottle with water and a few drops of dish soap in it by the sink. This is excellent for quick clean ups on the cupboard and also if you are only washing one or two items. Instead of using soap straight from the dish soap container and using way too much this is ready to go, uses less soap and lasts a long time. My neighbor showed me this years ago and I have done it ever since.

By Joyce from Regina, Sask, Canada

Answers:

Use Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap For Small Jobs

I like that. In a similar vein: I had a roommate who stood a dish brush in a small glass of very diluted dish soap by the sink. We used less soap and the brush didn't get yucky or mildewy because it wasn't absorbent like a sponge would have been and it was always ready to go. (11/16/2007)

By Leslie

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

I do the same thing! It is also great when you want to soak a dish. Spray once or twice and fill with hot water. I use a little more than a few drops of soap, but be sure to not get it too thick or it won't spray out. (11/16/2007)

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

I do this too ! I often spray the dishes if they have to sit awhile waiting for a previous dishwasher load to get done ! It's nice & easy to be able to wipe the dish that otherwise would have hard dried food stuck on it before it goes in for the final wash ! (11/16/2007)

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

You can also use it to kill bugs, should there happen to be any walking or flying by you when you're in the kitchen. I have one of these spray bottles handy all summer in several locations. They work for everything from aphids to large hard-shelled insects-- the latter will slow down enough to swat.

I keep a spray bottle of vinegar along with the dish-soap spray bottle, and use it to clean up pet messes (it neutralizes odor). Also, after wiping the table or floor with soap, it makes rinsing the table easier to use vinegar.

By Cantate

Natural Cleaning Products
Thrifty Cleaning Ideas
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 12, 2010
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Painted Recycled Plastic Spray Bottle
Painted Recycled Plastic Spray Bottle
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄