Leashes Save Lives

We were traveling on a busy road in our RV, when we saw another RV ahead of us pull to the side of the road. We slowed, but as we approached the back of the other RV, the people opened the side door. Out ran their dog and around into traffic. We swerved and missed him as did oncoming traffic.

They were running around trying to get a hold of the dog the last I saw. We did not stop as it could cause a bigger problem with the dog running even more from strangers.

Dogs are so excited to go they don't always listen. Please always have a leash on your precious pets when out and about to keep them under control and safe. As a child, my dog ran into traffic and died in front of me. In 47 years, I have never forgotten that devastating event. I hope this tip prevents others from having to experience such a loss.

By Linda