Holiday Ornaments for Soldiers Overseas

My students wanted to create a holiday greeting for our soldiers overseas. I had a box of unusual shaped tiles that looked to resemble a holiday ornament. I spray painted them. When dried, the students wrote holiday greetings on one side of both tiles. We finished them up by gluing the two pieces together, adding a hanging ribbon and a bow on top. The soldiers who came to pick them up from Fort Dix loved them and told the kids they were sure they'd be a hit overseas!

Ornaments for Soldiers

By Sharon from Edison, NJ

The ornaments are beautiful !

Thank you for encouraging your students to send things to our troops overseas. I hope that they will continue to be as thoughtful. And maybe include the patients at the Veterans Hospitals around the country. Perhaps a field trip to Thank them in person for their sacrifices? Great granny hugs, Vi

Photos Holiday ChristmasJanuary 23, 2006
Clipping Coupons for Troops
Coupons for Troops
Headstones on Memorial Day
Celebrating Memorial Day
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments