Putting Pictures on Lighted Glass Bocks

I have 300+ glass blocks in my yard and have seen the posts for the beautiful lit blocks for Christmas and other holidays. I understand how to drill the hole but how do I get graphics (pictures) on the front? Can you print something from the computer and glue it on? Paint it on? Can anyone help? Thanks!

Carol from Huntington Beach, CA

Editor's Note: There is a great deal of information in the following article, including attaching pictures to the blocks.

Best Answer

I absolutely love making these glass blocks. You can put an image on in several ways. You can paint right on the glass using glass paints or you can do what I did which was to print off a picture on a piece of label paper and put it on the glass. You can also print on regular paper and use a spray adhesive to apply it. I like to seal my pictures with a clear acrylic spray sealer. You can use glossy finishes or matte finishes which can make the glass blocks look frosted. I made a bunch for christmas gifts one year and had a holiday scene on one side and an every day scene on another. If you are giving them away and not selling them, you can use copies of pictures from greeting cards or magazines, just be careful about copyright issues if you start selling them. They also are great for family photos...the possibilities are endless.

One of our renters has a sandblaster that, after she cuts a stencil out and tapes it in place, etches the picture. It looks like its frosted under the 'clear' glass. I guess you'd have to know someone that had a sandblaster to be able to do this. She was selling hers for $15. for larger ones and 12.50 for smaller ones. Hope you enjoy!

Another way is to attach stencil to glass and put etching cream on the stencil impression, Let it sit to mfg directions, approx 15-20 minutes then wash under water.

It is a permanent frosted look Very easy. Etching cream is

Armor Etching Cream at Micheal's 4oz for $20.00. Take a coupon!!!!

Glass Blocks
Putting Pictures on Lighted Glass Blocks
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsOctober 19, 2007
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
stings of beads and lights
Ideas for Making Lighted Home Decor
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Lighted Outdoor Christmas Wreath
Repairing a Lighted Outdoor Christmas Decoration
🎉
🎄