Cat Urine Out Of Leather Boots

How do I get cat urine out of my leather boots? I've tried 3 different commercial cleaners with no results. If I don't get them clean I'll have male cats following me.

Pat from NC

Try vinegar- it works for male chihuahuas urine according to my friend and it has worked to keep our male dachshund from marking his territory when we have brought home used furniture that had pet ordor- we cleaned it outside with vinegar. I also know that it worked for me several years ago when our male cat marked territory in our attic with urine and bm. I immediately picked up bm and sprayed entire area with vinegar and never had any odor. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving from Louisiana

March 6, 2012 Flag

My darling cats were using my closet as a litter box. They are able to open the sliding doors, no matter how I fasten them. They sprayed or peed on my boots, sandals, and dress shoes and try as I might, I cannot seem to get the stink out of them. I've tried Oxiclean, Enzymatic Cat Urine solution, etc. I haven't tried the baking soda and peroxide yet. Got any other suggestions?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your shoes are unwearable as they are. Try washing them in warm water in the washing machine on the gentle cycle with detergent and Oxiclean or a box of baking soda. Then stuff them with newspaper or plastic bags to hold their shape while they air dry, preferably outside in the fresh air. If shoes are suede, brush well to raise the nap. This has saved leather sneakers, mary janes and ballet flats for me after my cats used my shoes as a litter box. Hope this helps you.

Have you tried the pole in the door track to keep the sliding doors closed? If the pole is a metal pipe, it should be too heavy for the cats to lift out of the track. Forgot to mention this in my other post about the shoes.

I was a janitor for 14 years. Here's some important information about using any of the Liquid Bacterial Enzyme products: Most importantly, you have to keep the solution wet for as long as possible after you apply it. LBEs really are solutions filled with living bacteria that eat yucky things. So, when they dry out they die.

The manufacturers of LBEs that professionals buy from janitorial supply companies explain this on the label. (Maybe the manufacturers of the retail versions think it sounds too complicated.) To keep the item you're cleaning with Liqui-Bac wet you can re-wet it frequently and/or cover it with plastic so it doesn't dry out as fast. If you keep this one rule in mind LBEs (any of the products labelled "bacterial enzymes," "organic bacterial," "organic enzymatic action," etc.) work amazingly well and I've never seen them harm or seriously discolor anything.

Leather Boots
Cleaning Cat Urine on Leather Boots
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherNovember 21, 2005
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
3 cats on a leather couch
Leather Couch Bleached By Cat Urine
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout