Cleaning Gunk Around Faucets

I am trying to clean the "gunk" that settles around the base of the faucets and I can't get it off. Anyone know how to do this effectively?

Thanks!
Mindy from Oregon

When my faucets are "gunky", I place 2-3 thicknesses of paper towels around the base of the faucet, and saturate them with vinegar. I leave them on over night, and clean them up the next morning. If really bad, I repeat the process. The vinegar smell dissipates quickly.

Hi. I just did this in my bathroom. If you have a Dollar General Store nearby, they have a product for $1 The Works that will take it right off. I buy this only for this use and my toilets (well water stains) because nothing else has ever worked.

HomeCare Labs

PO Box 491150

Lawrenceville, GA 30049

www.TheWorks.Com

Sharon in SC

I use CLR. Careful, tho,use rubber gloves as it can burn your hands. Cleans up gink and water spots that come from hard water.

I just use an old, stiff toothbrush and lots of water. You might also be able to find a flat, stiff brush at a cleaning supply store that would work even better. My mom had a great one from Fuller Brush.

The Vinegar totally works, I don't even soak it over night....when really gunky, I pour vinegar around them. Leave them while you clean the rest of the washroom. Like Jean says, if really bad repeat the process. Your faucets will look like new! Then for maintenance, I put 1/2 vinegar, 1/2 water in a spray jar, spray the faucet (works for mirrors too) and then wipe dry.

I've have good luck with Lime Away product sold in the cleaning aisle of the grocery store used with an old toothbrush.

If the vinegar alone doesn't 'cut it' (sorry about the terrible pun!), sprinkle a bit of baking soda around the faucets then replace the vinegar-soaked towels. Combined, the two products will bubble the gunk loose.

When my taps (faucets) get gunky I use either kitchen or bathroom cleaner and an old toothbrush. Always works for me.

thanks - never thought of vinegar and it worker perfectly!