Keeping Earrings Sorted

I was having a problem keeping up with my earrings. I wanted to separate my real ones from my plastic ones, etc. so I came up with an idea. I purchased several ice cube trays. In 2 different colors. I put my good earrings in the white trays, in the cube section, one pair in each. I put the others in the pinkish trays. They store so well, and are easy to find, easy to see, and they also stack well so the colors get stacked and I don't have to go through all of them to find a certain pair. It works!

By Connie from Smithville, TN

I have been using the ice cube trays to store earrings also, it makes it so easy to find the earrings you want.

If you don't want to buy ice cube trays, you can always use an empty egg carton it work great!

Egg cartons or ice cube trays sound like a clever and thrifty way to store earrings or other small items. I would think the ice cube trays would be nice to hold beads for those that do jewelry.

I hung a thin chain horizontally and hang all my hook earrings on it.

I had one of those jewelry boxes that had glass in the doors to put a photo behind. One day the glass on one side broke. I didn't want to toss the jewelry box, so I figured out a way to salvage it and came up with a way to hand my earrings at the same time. I had a sheet of plastic canvas in my craft drawer and I cut the plastic to the size that the glass was and I replaced the glass with the plastic canvas. I liked it so much, I went ahead and took out the unbroken glass on the other side and replaced it also. Just stick the post through the hole and put the back on the other side.

I keep my small earrings in a 7 day pill box that is child proof. Really convenient for traveling also.

I found these earring holders at my local thrift shop for a dollar

Many Pairs of Earrings Spread out
Organizing Earrings
Organizing BedroomApril 8, 2008
Craft: Jump Ring Earrings
Making Jump Ring Earrings
making earrings
Making Recycled Earrings
Diamond Earrings
Other Uses for Pierced Earrings
Making Beaded Earrings
Making Beaded Earrings
🎄