Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Inexpenisve Edging Ideas

Any suggestions on how I can edge my flower beds with little or no expense? I want something that will be easy to mow around instead of having to weed eat around all flower beds. Thanks!

Erica

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Alma Riffel04/02/2010

The salt will kill the soil where applied and plants cannot grow there.

By DEE (Guest Post)04/18/2005

GET FREE BRICKS WHEREVER YOU CAN. REMOVE SOME SOIL AT THE EDGE OF YOUR BEDS AND LAY BRICKS FLAT END TO END. YOUR MOWER WHEELS CAN RIDE OVER THEM.JUST REMEMBER TO HAVE CLIPPINGS SHOOT AWAY FROM BEDS.
AS GRASS CLIPPINGS CAN ROOT IN YOUR FLOWER BEDS.
IT'S WORTH THE ONETIME SET UP WHICH MAY TAKE SOME TIME.
ADDED TIP,I ALSO USE WEED N FEED BY SCOTTS IN MY GARDENS AND BEDS BEFORE WEEDS COME UP. RESULT IS WEED FREE AGRDEN AND BEDS FOR MOST OF SEASON. IT ALSO FEEDS THE PLANTS.
DEE

By jeff burnett04/17/2005

I have white marble stones around the house instead of edgeing. I use plain old morton salt, just pour a little on the grass and wet it down leave it alone. It kills the weed,grass and whatever you need. When you see a weed give it some salt.

By Joyce (Guest Post)04/16/2005

This is what i did. When i was at the dump the demo site there -- was some brick & you could just take them. I put them around the flower bed or were ever you wanted them & i at first pulled the grass or weeds around it, so now it is just bear ground around it. It is better then buying them