Inexpenisve Edging Ideas

Any suggestions on how I can edge my flower beds with little or no expense? I want something that will be easy to mow around instead of having to weed eat around all flower beds. Thanks!

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

This is what i did. When i was at the dump the demo site there -- was some brick & you could just take them. I put them around the flower bed or were ever you wanted them & i at first pulled the grass or weeds around it, so now it is just bear ground around it. It is better then buying them

I have white marble stones around the house instead of edgeing. I use plain old morton salt, just pour a little on the grass and wet it down leave it alone. It kills the weed,grass and whatever you need. When you see a weed give it some salt.

GET FREE BRICKS WHEREVER YOU CAN. REMOVE SOME SOIL AT THE EDGE OF YOUR BEDS AND LAY BRICKS FLAT END TO END. YOUR MOWER WHEELS CAN RIDE OVER THEM.JUST REMEMBER TO HAVE CLIPPINGS SHOOT AWAY FROM BEDS.

AS GRASS CLIPPINGS CAN ROOT IN YOUR FLOWER BEDS.

IT'S WORTH THE ONETIME SET UP WHICH MAY TAKE SOME TIME.

ADDED TIP,I ALSO USE WEED N FEED BY SCOTTS IN MY GARDENS AND BEDS BEFORE WEEDS COME UP. RESULT IS WEED FREE AGRDEN AND BEDS FOR MOST OF SEASON. IT ALSO FEEDS THE PLANTS.

DEE

The salt will kill the soil where applied and plants cannot grow there.

Photo of a lawn edger.
Edging Your Lawn
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationApril 16, 2005
Landscape edging between the garden and the lawn.
Creative Ideas For Landscape Borders
Alyssum
Growing Alyssum
Canape with Egg and Vegetables
Easter Brunch Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:46:34 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.