Pledge Cleans a Lot More Than Your Wood Furniture

If you look on the back of your Pledge bottle, you will see that Pledge not only polishes your wood, but is also great for cleaning stainless steel, leather, granite and marble. I love it, especially for my stainless steel appliances and leather couches. I've tried at least 5 different expensive stainless steel cleaners and pledge outshines them all!

It gently cleans to leave a brilliant shine that resists fingerprints. I also use it on my leather couches and it works better than any of the expensive leather cleaners I used to use. Plus, as an added bonus, I have a lot more space in my cleaning cabinet now that 3 cleaners have been replace by 1. A win win win all around!

By Christi from Lake Worth

What a great tip. Glad someone had the brains to read the label, I know I certainly didnt. I will have to try this, thanks!

I tried it on my frig. It polished but did nothing for stains. I had to first use a stainless steel cleaner to remove water stains etc. Then used the Pledge over that. Didn't see any difference between the two products.So I ended up doing two steps where with just the stainless steel cleaner is just one step.

You can use it as a shoe shine too!!! It's amazing!

I tried Pledge on my frig. It didn't clean smudges, water stains etc. I had to use stainless steel cleaner for that. So using Pledge for me, is a two step process where using stainless steel cleaner is one step. Once I had the smudges removed I didn't notice any difference in the polish capabilities. one other thing the Pledge over time leave a oily build up which will have to be removed at some point.

im not so sure I would use pledge on granite.. It would absorbe the oil and leave a dark cast. Our granite counter tops at my work have to cleaned with water with a few drops of dish soap.. and they still look like new after years of use.

I think this person is talking about Pledge Multi-purpose in a bottle. Maybe the others used the can of Pledge dusting wax? Just wondering.

I, also, use Pledge on my stainless steel refrigerator. It's the only thing I've found that really shines it. The stainless steel cleaners didn't work for me. I use it to shine my ceramic tile countertops, too. They look great after I polish them.

The best cleaner for stainless steel, bar none, is

WD-40!

Pledge and furniture polish contains silicones that will seal the finish on the leather which will cause long term damage and so should be avoided at all costs.

Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsFebruary 10, 2009
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎄
🍂