Make Your Own Cleaning Wipes

I save the large can that cleaning wipes come in and then make my own. Buy a roll of good quality paper towels. Cut them in the middle with a knife and remove the cardboard tube. Then add 2 Tbsp. of your favorite cleaner, plus 2 Tbsp. water to the can. Put the roll in the can and wait about 30 minutes. Turn them over to the other end, and that's it! Poof, a large quanity of wipes for a small price. This can also be done with baby wipes, using baby oil and water.

By Carmen from Daytona Beach, FL

I make the cleaning wipes using diluted Clorox, but it takes about 1/2 cup or a little more to thoroughly wet the half roll of the brand of paper towels we use which I use as quick mop-ups for small spills on the kitchen floor. I can't believe how many times this has saved me from having to mop the entire kitchen every night. We feed our cats and dogs in the kitchen,

and the cats are bad about "selecting" which bite they want to eat while leaving the bites they are not ready to eat on the floor beside their bowls. Since it's all the same, we haven't decided why they do this.

I make personal wipes using Kleenex paper towels cut in half, and baby lotion with water. I love how it smells on my hands and it will not leave oily marks on clothing either. They are especially nice when traveling, so a container is kept in the car every trip.

I believe I first got these ideas from Thrifty Fun, but I can't remember when or how long ago that was. It's nice to see a good idea is still alive and making the rounds.

MisMachado