Paper Rose and Heart Bouquet
A cute idea and easy table decoration in an array of colors to brighten up your table after the winter storms and to celebrate Valentine's Day.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes each piece
- 1 valentine pail (you can paint a small pail to suit)
- foam - cut to fit in pail (I use packing foam from a shipment)
- tissue paper in red, pink, purple, and yellow
- green chenille stick
- wire cutters
- red or pink shredded paper
- paper hearts about 3 inches (5 hearts per skewer)
Making Heart Flowers:
- On colored paper paper draw out five 3 inch hearts and cut them out.
- Fold them in half so the pattern is on the inside.
- Start gluing your hearts together. Attach one half heart to the next until you have come to the last one. (See picture if you don't understand.)
- On the last one you will need a 5 inch skewer. Add extra glue down the center and lay your skewer in it. Then glue on the last section gluing both ends to the other side.
- Carefully open up each heart and gently pull it to separate it. Allow to dry.
Making Tissue Paper Flowers:
- Make the flower by cutting 3 inch circles of each color of tissue paper. You will need 6 round circles of each color for one flower. (The circles do not need to be neatly done.)
- Fold the circles in half and make 2 small snips in the center.
Open up and thread the chenille stick through.
- Wind the chenille stick so it holds the circles in place. Pinching the end will help in winding and will not tear your paper. Cut off the chenille stick about 3 inches down from end of flower.
- Next start opening up each piece of tissue paper from the middle and scrunching it up a bit. Continue to do this until there is none left.
- Next take the skewer and cut to about 5 inches. Take the chenille stick end of the flower and wrap it around the top of the skewer. Set aside.
- Continue each flower as described above. When they are all finished begin adding them to the foam in the pail.
Preparing Flower Pail
- Cut a piece of packing foam to fit inside of your pail.
- Add some red or pink shredded paper in the pail to hide the foam.
- You can add other things to the arrangement as you like. Add your hearts as a focal point. Enjoy your pretty rose and heart bouquet as a reminder that spring is just around the corner.
- You can make a lovely bouquet for your boss as well using the instructions above and adding in some heart shaped suckers and a bow to celebrate Valentine's Day.
By Gem from VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 9:15:00 PM on 10.0.0.129 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us