Protection for You and Your Car on Hot Days

Hot weather causes really hot autos because they sit in the sun. Buy a yard of white or light material. Cut it in half, cut one half in half again. Spread the large piece over the steering wheel and seat. You will have a much cooler car. Use smaller pieces to cover your legs when you wear shorts while driving and don't want to get sunburned. It is also good to cover dark slacks on sunny days.

By Bob from Cimarron, NM

Editor's Note: Another good idea is to have a light colored long sleeved shirt in the car to cover your arms.

Thank you for this tip. I am sole driver in family

so I used to have driver arm tan now I place

a white thin towel as I drive.

I make a "false" sleeve and leave it in the car. Take an old shirt, cut the sleeve out and put elastic in the top. It easily slips on and off and is there when the sun is beating down on you.

Travel and Recreation TravelMay 24, 2006
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
A car parked on a sunny day.
Removing Melted Plastic on Car Upholstery
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub