CleaningProduct Reviews

Product Review: Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Dispenser

Product: Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Dispenser

Model: Starter Kit

Manufacturer: Finish Electrasol

Cost: $11.99

This is an automatic dishwasher detergent dispenser which you latch to the top rack of your dishwasher. The dispenser holds twelve loads worth of soap. A little indicator on the top lets you know how many loads are left.

I've been trying this for the last week and it really seems like a solution in search of a problem. The dispenser works fine, adding soap automatically each time I run the dishwasher. However, putting soap into the dishwasher has never really been a problem. If I can remember to load and run the dishwasher then adding soap is simply not an issue.

I've used a couple different soaps in the dishwasher and found that Cascade seems to work best. Unfortunately, the Finish Electrasol soap in this dispenser seems to leave a soapy film on the dishes. Although, reading their FAQs this might be because of where I have installed the dispenser on the top rack.

Pros: Automatically dispenses soap. No need to remember to put soap in the dishwasher before running it.

Cons: Impossible to run "rinse only" without removing the dispenser. Too expensive for what it does. Have seen some soap residue.

Cost: $11.99 for dispenser with 12 loads, $9.99 for 12 load refill. In contrast, you can get 60 Electrasol gelpacs for only $11.99.

By fletc3her from Seattle, WA

I bought 4 of the starter kits because they were $4.99 at Walmart and I had $3.00 off coupons. Even at only $1.49 they still werent worth the money, so I ended up returning 3 of them.

I had problems with the soap dispensing at all. I had done 6 loads and I kept thinking 'boy, this soap really doesn't get the dishes very clean'.

Finally I decided to just throw the thing away, and in the process of taking it out the lid turned and I discovered that the soap had only dispensed 2 of the 6 loads I had done. So I threw it away and went back to the big bottle of Walmart brand for $2.47. Works great every time and the price is right!