Gracie (English Setter)

Gracie is 8 years old. She is an English Setter. I got her December 2001. She likes to eat the legs off the furniture and occasionally plays with her toys. Gracie is a free spirit who finds the world one big adventure meant just for her. She is kind, silly, sweet, generous (whenever she hears someone coming in the door she grabs one of her doggie toys and brings it to whomever is here. :) She gets so excited when someone comes in that she wags her tail so hard she bends at the ribcage, it looks hysterically funny - her butt wiggles so hard she looks like she will break in two. She is very sweet in a silly kind of way.

She also can get into more trouble than any three dogs her size; from chewing the chair legs to rearranging bedding to her liking; burying her dog toys in middle of my bed; removing the garland from the Christmas tree without knocking off a single ornament (I'd have loved to have watched her do that!); and she occasionally bites the vacuum, it has an aluminum cover - she left teeth marks. That's our Gracie.

She watches everything going on outside any window she can see out of and alerts everyone within earshot of anything that she deems not as it should be. Gracie has a lot of nicknames: Gracie Girl, Goofus, Wiggles, Wiggies, Wigglebutt, but more often than not it's "GRACIE, STOP THAT!" To me, she will always be My Little Valentine. She is not a "perfect" setter, her features are crooked and a bit off, but to me, she is the sweetest little lady I know. We love her very much (even when she bites the vac).

By Sheepie from Upper Midwest

Look at that beautiful doggie smile! She's got to be so easy to love, even when one of the legs of your chair is missing :)!

English Setter
English Setter Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets DogsFebruary 13, 2010
Two English Bulldogs, one sitting one laying down.
English Bulldog Breed Information and Photos
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Ivy Leaf
Growing English Ivy
English Ivy on Brick Wall
Getting Rid of English Ivy