Tick Stew

This is an easy, hearty and tasty recipe that I take to the Moose Lodge frequently for potlucks.

• 1 lb. ground beef, browned
  • Ad
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 jar of salsa (I usually double the recipe and use 1 med and 1 hot)

Put it all ingredients in the crockpot for about 2 hours +/- to warm and mix flavors. Serve with chips. How easy is that?

Name comes from the fact that black beans look like ticks. :)

Servings: 6
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
1.5 - 2 Hours Cooking Time

Source: Women of the Moose Cookbook

By Mary C. from San Diego, CA

Hi Mary,

This sounds like something my crowd would enjoy, so I'm going to tweak it a bit with some grated cheese and finely chopped onion and a cup of sour cream and make it this weekend. They'll think they're eating Tacos almost and they love anything that goes with salsa and cheese. LOL Thanks for the great idea.

Julia in Boca Raton, FL

If you hadn't called it Tick Stew, I might be tempted, but now I don't think I'll ever eat a black bean again! Blech! Funny, I just had black beans 3 days ago and didn't think they looked like ticks at all. Some people are just so "imaginative", which is not always a good thing.

Bean Stew
Bean Stew Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican DipsJanuary 22, 2010
Italian Stew
Italian Stew Recipes
Oven Beef Stew With Vegetables
Oven Beef Stew Recipes
Tick Removal
Removing a Tick
dog with fleas
Bio Spot Flea and Tick Reviews