Make Flash Cards To Learn New Subjects

Make a set of flash cards using index cards and the glossary in your text book. Review them during commercials, in the car, on the bus, while waiting for text messages, etc. Once you've mastered this list, you're going to find the subject much easier to comprehend.

By Phyliss from Ranson, WV

Flash cards are one of the best way to learn from them, usually just a few times around with the list of the cards, and most of the information is already set for the test.

It also is really just good for anyone when we just want to learn things in our life.

Excellent tip - and you can be as simple or as fancy as your artistic side allows!

Flashcards are the way kids learned how to read when they started school, where I live. We didn't have kindergarten and there was no phonics. We also had a lot of flash card drills with arithmetic flash cards. I also used the arithmetic flash cards in the early sixties when I taught. I think flash cards help to memorize things. Then when I went to college I took really good notes and when I had free time I recopied them so that they could be read and that seemed to help too.

January 31, 2006 Flag

I made flash cards for my daughter to help her learn new words. I bought a pack of index cards and went through some old magazine and found pictures of everything from tennis shoes to a salad. I cut out the pictures and glued them onto the index card and wrote the name of the picture on the front of the card.

Anna from South Carolina

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had my 3 year old in our home school with her 6 year old sister. So, I just went on and started her "schooling". I got her a couple of workbooks, but, the biggest part of her learning came from flashcards. She went through the storebought flashcards so fast, I started to make my own with index cards. They come in some great bright colors! At 3 she learned how to count, and how to recognize all the plain and complicated geometric shapes. Also, she also learned how to say & recognize numbers up to 20, and her alphabet. By the time she started K-4, she was really advanced. And all from flash cards! Three year olds are so thirsty to learn, so mom's give it a try. From simple shapes and ABC's, to learning new words, it's a great way to learn. My sister was grown and in college, and had to learn medical termonolgy, and that is how we did it, flash cards!

I thought my 4 year old her months and days of the week by using flash cards I made her. She can put them in order when they are out of order. I love flashcards.

Zig

Read More Comments...
Education Homework HelpSeptember 14, 2009
Freezing Peas, Frozen Peas
Flash Freezing at Home
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
🎉
🎄