Silver Cleaning Cloths

My daughteer and I have those treated cloths for cleaning silver. I know there is a way to retreat them after laundering. We would appreciate the recipe.

Shirley Dobie

Throw away those old cleaning cloths! I've learned of a NO HASSLE way of cleaning silver. Boil a pot of water.You want it scalding hot. While waiting for the water line a dishpan (or sink--whatever you want to use) with aluminum foil. Pour in a large amount of baking soda.If I need extra cleaning I use awhole box.Add the hot water, and dip the silver. Cleaning silver was a chore I absolutely despised. Don't be afraid to try this. It will not harm your silver.

Thanks for the advice, but the topic was how to rejuvenate or make from scratch impregnated silver/metal po,ishing cloths. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will offer a method? Cheers!

This works for chains and silverware, but some jewelry has been treated with rouge and then buffed so it is dark and bright to create contrast and depth - a good example is Southwestern jewelry. Your method would clean too efficiently and destroy that effect. The dri-shine cloths treat just the bright parts and leave the dark where it belongs, so there is still a need for a recipe to refresh silver polish cloths.