Free Power Wheelchairs

These are for those who cannot walk. No out of pocket expenses for those who qualify. Call 1-800-823-5220 or go to www.threewishes2.com.

By Angellface from Seymour, CT

Editor's Note: This is from their site:

"To qualify for any of our power wheelchairs you must be unable to walk due to physical limitations and must be unable to self propel in a manual wheelchair due to upper body impairment. Your physician or physical therapist must also assist in evaluating your needs.

Our program accepts Medicare (NO HMO's) and processes all necessary paperwork for you. We gladly provide ongoing service of provided power wheelchairs and conveniently serve your needs at your home. In most cases, there is no cost to those who fully qualify!"

Has anyone used this type of service? Couldn't a person just get one of these prescribed by a doctor and have Medicare pay for it that way? I see lots of commercials from companies like this and I would like to hear reader's thoughts about this.

This is just like the Hoveround and the Scooter Store. They are not doing any one a special favor. It is a business like anything else. Your doctor can give you a prescription for one and probably Medicare will pay at least 80% of the cost. If you have your state"s equivilent of Medicaid, it may pay the other 20%. My husband took his doctor's prescription to the VA in our state and got his immediately at no cost at all. If you or your mate is a veteran give it a try first.

I think this is just a company like the multitude of ones that want to offer you "home delivery" (I call it USPS or UPS) of diabetic supplies. They know Medicare will cover it and you can bet they want to be the ones to "sell" it to you while the government pays for it.

My dad is also a veteran and got his power wheelchair for little effort/no cost thru the Veteran's Administration. Good Luck!

Health & Beauty AdviceMarch 3, 2006
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out
🎄
🍂