Removing Pen Ink from a Wedding Dress

I would like to know how to get ink from a pen out of a wedding dress, please help!

By Leslye

When I was a working girl, I removed ballpoint ink from blouses by using hair spray. Spray until wet and blot with a tissue. Turn the tissue over and repeat. The important thing is blot, don't rub. It will gradually fade and disappear. Then launder. You don't say what material your dress is made of, but I feel the hair spray wouldn't harm most modern materials.

I agree with the previous poster. I always use hairspray to remove ink from fabric. Any kind of hairspray will work. Just spray the ink and blot. It will disappear quickly. You might want to try it on a little part of the dress that is not visible on the outside first to check it out on the fabric first. I hope this helps!

That's what I would have suggested. I have never heard of anything else that removes ink so beautifully. Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 14, 2011
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄
🍂