Lupini Beans

I love lupini beans! I used to be able to buy them dried at local stores but can't find them anymore. Does anyone know where I can buy them? They are so delicious after you cook and soak them salted for several days. They remind me of nuts. There is one brand Sun of Italy that sells them but they are so puny and the jar doesn't give you that many. Thanks for any help!

Gigi from Upperco, MD

Google "lupini beans" and you will find some places where you can order online.

Here's a link that has all kinds of specialty foods ... This particular link goes directly to the dry lupini beans themself and other items are in the menu on the left:

https://www.nystyledeli.com/cgi-bin/deli/Lupini.html

For those of you who might want to order and try dry lupini beans for the first time please be sure and read this link for safety purposes:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-lupini-beans.htm

Back home in NY, I made lupini every year. I made plenty, because everybody wanted a jar. Now I am in FL and you can't find them here. My son surprised me this year, and got ten pounds on line. They sure were good. Fran in FL out of NY

I love lupini beans too! They are so amazing. In Chicago, we would find them in Italian delis and bakeries. I never recalled them being sold in jars. Good luck and happy eating!

I see Lupini Beans in most grocery stores I go into these days, in the ethnic section where the Italian labels are, products like bruschetta, roasted peppers, etc. It's usually a four foot or so section. I see that you have Safeway grocery chains in your area, have you checked there? You should also check your listing for smaller independent "neighborhood" type stores. Search for Italian deli's in your area, you will be sure to find them there.

I can remember as a teen, going to a local hot dog/beef stand and getting lupini beans to eat, they were served in a small white bag. I love them too, I'm glad to hear there are others out there like me!

Good luck in your search!

Thanks everyone for your feedback! What a wonderful community this is. :) Found the dry beans that I was looking for, thanks to your help! Have a wonderful day! Gigi of Upperco

Food and Recipes Food Tips Beans and RiceFebruary 17, 2009
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Freezing Green Beans
Gas from Beans
Reducing Gas from Beans
Scattering of dried pinto beans with red peppers and cilantro. Cooking Dried Beans
Freezing Pinto Beans
🎄